We are getting ready for the arrival of Santa in Annascaul Village today…
Christmas Market and Craft Fair at Annascaul Community Centre 1-6 p.m.
Santa will be present 2-5 pm
Live music by Noreen Ashe
Tea/coffee, mulled wine, mince pies and Christmas cake.
Craft fair with lots of gifts, handmade cards, stocking fillers etc.
Annascaul Sheep & Horse Fair
Sunday 5th of October
Sheep show @ 1pm, in front of Hanafins Bar Annascaul
- Best Texel Ram
- Best Suffolk Ram
- Best Scotch- Ram Lamb
– Yearling Ram
– Aged Ram
– Pin of 3 Ewe Lambs
- Best Horse on the Day
- Best Dressed Farmer on the Day
- Best Dressed Lady on the Day
- King & Queen of Annascaul
- Mutton Pies Sold In The Local Bars
- Pet Show & Competition Hanafins Bar
- Treasure Hunt @ 4 pm Church Grounds
- Bouncing Castle South Pole Inn Annascaul
- Music in the South Pole Inn @ 3pm with Colin O’ Mahony
- Music with Dermot Kelly @ 8pm@ Teac Seáin Bar & BnB
- Disco with DJ Nat @ 9.30pm @Hanafins Bar
As you may have heard, Annascaul received 252 points in the 2014 Tidy Towns Competition, 4 more than in 2013 when we the village first entered.
The Tidy Towns site has been unavailable for the last few days, but we have uploaded a copy of the adjudication report, read and see what you think!
Culture Night Annascaul, September 19th 2014.
‘Open Night at the Jerome Connor Sculpture Gallery’ – 6.00pm-9.30pm
Opened in 2014, the Jerome Connor Gallery upstairs at the South Pole Inn, Annascaul, hosts the largest collection of Jerome Connor sculptures any where in the world. The Gallery will open late for Culture Night allowing visitors the opportunity to see the work of this fine figurative sculpture. Personnel will be available on the night to provide information and tours.